We're Hiring at OKC Kids
Licensed Social Worker/Licensed Clinical Psychologist
The Bladder Exstrophy Program at the OKC Kids Urology Clinic seeks a trained and licensed or license-eligible Clinical Social Worker or Clinical Psychologist to join the multi-disciplinary bladder exstrophy complete-care team in Oklahoma City. Patients include those with bladder exstrophy from birth through 18 years of age, with some adults included. Bladder exstrophy is a congenital, developmental anomaly involving the anterior lower abdominal and pelvic development including the genitalia.
Our candidate should be self-motivated but also team-oriented and excited to join a highly experienced team in the surgical, medical, and psychological care of bladder exstrophy patients and their families. Candidates for the position can be new graduates or experienced clinicians. Candidates will be oriented to the complex array of developmental and psychological challenges involved in complex developmental trajectories of children with chronic disorders.
Responsibilities will include:
- Patient and family clinical interactions with or in addition to the team, including all clinic visits, and observing, participating in, engaging the needs of the family and the patient;
- Maintaining open communication with the families and older patients as needed, as well as being available for urgent psychosocial needs of patients and parents;
- Assisting and educating families regarding local, regional, and national resources;
- Maintaining the exstrophy patient database;
- Utilizing social networking to coordinate and integrate with national and international support groups in terms of clinical activities, educational activities, and event scheduling;
- Maintaining interpersonal and collaborative relationships with the patients and their families as well as with the physicians and other staff members;\
- Designing, organizing, and directing scheduled Weekend and Summer patient “retreats,” including educational seminars, “get to know” the staff and other affected children and their parents, and preparing sibling educations about the affected child;
- Adhering to principles of proper patient care, safety, and compliance as well as offering innovation to the team in ways that will improve short-term and long-term patient outcomes.
- Maintain continuing education and other requirements for licensure in the state of Oklahoma.
We offer a very generous salary, retirement plan, and a comprehensive benefits package.
General Understanding and Nature of the Position Description
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.