Welcome to Our Family
Preparing for a visit
- We will contact you before your child’s appointment to discuss our office procedures and what you can expect during your visit.
- Please bring a copy of all x-ray and ultrasound images, either on a disc or printed, to your appointment. OKC Kids Urology must have these images to review.
- Please also bring a list of all current medications, including prescription and non-prescription medications and supplements.
- Depending on the condition, some patients will see Dr. Kropp and others will see our advanced practice registered nurse, Jake Klein. Jake completed a pediatric urology APN fellowship with Dr. Kropp and has been personally trained by him in all aspects of pediatric urology. They have been in practice together for 18 years. Whether your child sees Dr. Kropp or Jake, our team will collaborate to create the best possible treatment plan.
- Before prescribing any medication, including prophylactic antibiotics, we will consider the risks and benefits for your child and talk to you about how the medication could help your child.
- Your copay is due at the time of service.
OKC Kids Urology is in-network with most major insurance carriers. Below is a comprehensive list of the plans we accept. If your plan is not listed, please contact us to see if we accept your plan.
Aetna – all plans
BCBS – all plans
Cigna – all plans
Community Care HMO
Coventry – Aetna plan
Global Health HMO
Indian Health Services
Medicaid OK –EDS
Medicaid Part B
Preferred Community Choice
UHC – all plans
When Brady was born I was devastated and so emotional because I didn’t understand his diagnosis, but Dr. Kropp met with us and immediately gave me relief. The past four years Dr. Kropp and his team have continued to provide that relief, even when I had question after question and many unrealistic concerns. The team as a whole has shown my son and I compassion and we are so grateful for them. Because of the great care that has always been provided we have followed Dr. Kropp when he has changed locations and are willing to travel if we have to just to continue seeing him. Urodynamics is never easy for my son and makes him extremely anxious, but Jake does an amazing job of working with my son and calming him. The nurse, Lori, has been so loving to my son and takes care of anything as soon as I call her. The team treats their patients like they are family, which I feel is very important especially when the child has a chronic condition. With all that being said about compassion, I must end with saying that the success of my son’s health is a result of the care provided by this Urology team.